The COVID-19 lockdowns in California and nationwide may be ending soon, but the pandemic has created ongoing, evolving legal concerns for health care providers, employers, schools, businesses, and individuals. This webinar will feature a roundtable of legal experts from health care, employment, and litigation practices who will address current legal questions such as:
• The pros and cons of mandatory vaccination, including legal issues around those who refuse to be vaccinated and vaccine passports.
• Ongoing screening testing and tracing by schools, employers, in sports venues, etc. and the legal, reimbursement, and related issues.
• Data sharing, privacy, and security issues associated with test administration, data dashboards, and Over the Counter tests.
• Ongoing and anticipated litigation, investigations, and reimbursement trends brought on or influenced by the pandemic and our response to it.
• Liability shields for health care providers and medical device manufacturers under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREP)
• How the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program helps protect employees/individuals seriously injured by pandemic countermeasures.
Leeann Habte, J.D. (Moderator), Partner, Best Best & Krieger
Jasmine Anderson, J.D., Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP
Kate Tylee Herz, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Zachary Rothenberg, J.D., Nelson Hardiman LLP
Christine Johnson, J.D., Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Ofer Barlev, J.D., Citron & Deutsch, PC
Thursday, May 20, 2020
12:00 – 1:00 PM
CLE Credit: 1.0 Hr. Gen. CLE Credit CLE Certificates will be emailed at least 7-10 days after webinar.
In order to receive participatory CLE credit, registrants must participate in the webinar via Zoom. LACBA cannot provide CLE credit to those who only listen to the program audio by phone.
Sign in to your LACBA profile and register below.
Once you have completed your registration, on the date of the event (an hour before the webinar) you will receive a link that will allow you to join the webinar directly.
Please log in to Zoom at least 10 minutes before the program time.
LACBA members or registered users, please sign in for member rates and online
Please click here for User Name and Password help.