Presented by the Entertainment Law & Intellectual Property Section
This program will cover important new Internet law developments and legal trends affecting digital media and entertainment. The program will be presented by Ian Ballon, an Internet litigator with Greenberg Traurig, LLP and author of E-Commerce and Internet Law: Legal Treatise with Forms 2d (West, 5 vol., www.IanBallon.net).
This program is specifically designed to help in-house and outside counsel stay abreast of recent developments and key issues in Internet Law. The program will also help identify new issues to come in 2019 and beyond. Topics to be covered will include:
• California's Consumer Privacy Act – the new frontier for litigation and what it may mean for your company
• Revisiting links, in-line links, embedded links, and frames, in view of recent case law
• DMCA law: Reconciling different Ninth Circuit opinions on scope and red flag awareness
• The impact of the Music Modernization Act on the DMCA and pre-72 sound recording cases presently in litigation
• CDA law – do the 2018 FOSTA/SESTA amendments to the CDA make any difference for your business (and if so, what you should do about it)?
• TCPA Circuit Split and what that means for mobile marketing.
Originally Recorded 12/4/18
Kyle Kveton, Robie & Matthai
Hon. Daniel Juarez, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
Stanley W. Lamport, Cox Castle & Nicholson LLP
1 hour of General CLE Credit
This On Demand Program is a streaming video presentation. Upon Purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to access the program and download the program materials PDF file. Once you have completed the program a certificate will be generated and emailed to you within 1-2 business days.
Search terms: test, MCLE, Streaming, Audio, Lawyer, box
Product Code: 120418ELIOD